Tuesday, August 29

My 8.1 story

This past Monday I bought a used computer at a thrift store. I went to Walmart to buy a patch cord to connect my vga monitor to the dvi outputs but they did not have one. So I went to OfficeMax and they did, but it cost more than the computer did. But I bought it anyway. I got it home was locked out at a password prompt. I thought about it, and I read up on it. I tried to run an installation disc, but I couldn't get the system to boot from the DVD drive. I did not have a keyboard that had the right connector, so I went to target to get that. When I got back home, I was playing hell trying to get the system to go into cmos. Struggling with that, I discovered you could get into it by holding the shift key while clicking restart. Having discovered that I found I could also revert to previous versions of Windows that way too.  So I tried it and it worked. The system booted into windows 8. Of course I had to update it before I could install 8.1 and, after a little hacking, I got the 600 some updates installed, and after the whole day, 8.1 itself.


And hey, I discovered I actually like 8.1

No comments:

I’m worried about the bloodbath that’s going to happen if he does get elected again. I’ve been though this before  We may find a comfortable...