Saturday, November 7

A traditional post

I haven't posted anything in a while cause I am building my own computer. It was easier than I thought it would be. I don't know what is going on but every time I hit the backspace key twice the darn dvd drive opens up. Have to get out of that habit I guess. I thought mounting the cpu with the grease and everything would be the hard part. That was easy. The hard part was installing the motherboard. I am still not happy with it, If you want it to look professional, which is necessary if you are going to get top dollar for it, I would suggest getting the motherboard installed by a professional. This damn Openoffice writer wants to guess what word I am going to say. I don't like that either. Anyway everything else went without a hitch. I wanted to do a burn in before installing windows, but that is pretty tricky to do. I have a copy of mepis and ubuntu, I am running mepis now, so I booted it with the mepis disk. I went dumb and forgot I needed to run fdisk. So I spent a whole day trying to figure out why the hard drive wouldn't format. Dumb me right? Even dumber I spent a whole day trying to figure out what the default root password was, and I still aint up on how to install software in mepis, but I am getting better at it. In the process of trying to format the hard drive I found a great iso called the ultimate boot cd. With a flash of insight I remembered about fdisk, and hey it was on the ultimate boot cd, so that got me into business. I installed Mepis, I like Mepis better than Ubuntu, and downloaded burintest, I ran it several times in a row, and everything passed. Except I need to go in and see how to test the cd drive. A few things I learned. This Intel motherboard does not have a connection for the audio coming out of the cd drive. The Intel cpu fan only has one post that clicks in. The other three don't. Oh yeah and Ubuntu packages are not compatible with Mepis. On the horizon, my fellow club member is selling me a rack synthesizer. Maybe I will get back to making music. That's all. Have a nice day.

It will be amazing if I don't permanently screw up the hard drive.

happy birthday
I don't mean to be mean
but you really think the worst of everything

No comments:

I’m worried about the bloodbath that’s going to happen if he does get elected again. I’ve been though this before  We may find a comfortable...